MY 2016 PERSONAL GOALS

Goals are not a bore! First, it's important to know what you want and focus on how to get it. It's not as simple as it sounds. You may fail countless times, but it doesn't mean it's the end of it. You just have to keep trying and trying. Develop a routine or a habit that contributes to your goal to make it a hell lot easier. Visualize what you want to accomplish and achieve this year and write it down. Stick that reminder up on your vision board, computer screen, or anywhere tangible. Don't get sidetracked by insignificant things that will slow you down. Focus on what takes you closer to your goals. Got it?

Here's a list of my personal goals in 2016:

1. SAVE MORE MONEY. I know that being financially successful is a long shot, and there are no shortcuts that could take me there fast, so I'll take the first step by saving money first. This is something everybody in their 20s should do to prepare for adulting. I regret not having done this earlier. Nevertheless, it isn't too late to start.

2. WANT LESS. I've been practicing this since the last quarter of 2015, and I could say that I'm doing a good job of training myself to want less and to live a simple minimalistic lifestyle, and I kinda like it! It works for me! I only keep what's really important, by that meaning, I got rid of loads of clothing that I don't see me wearing anymore, but are still in good condition. It was taking up a lot of space in my dresser anyway. Hand-me-downs are a delight to my little cousins, and I also gave some to the less fortunates.

3. BE MORE PRESENT. Stop living in the fast lane; life passing you like a blur. I'll try to live in the moment, take some digital breaks, eat slowly savoring the food, listen to people, appreciate the surroundings, and stop worrying about the future.

4. PRACTICE GRATITUDE. I do this first thing in the morning. It sends a positive vibe to the day. Be thankful even for little things.

5. POSITIVE THINKING. I will choose positive thoughts and shun away negative ones. I'll train my mind to restrain all traces of pessimism and replace it with all things positive!

6. READ MORE BOOKS. I've read maybe a total of 5 books last year, and this year, I want to keep the numbers higher! I'm not a speed reader, and I'm not sure if I can keep up with reading 2 books each month, so this is a challenge for me. I want to set realistic goals, so i'll try to finish at least 1 book per month as fast as I could to make room for more.

7. EXERCISE REGULARLY. Always present in everybody's new year's resolution. I really want to get in shape and stay fit, so I could wear whatever clothes I want and be comfortable in it. To be honest, I hate exercise, but this is sadly for my own good.

8. EAT HEALTHY. Make healthier food choices.

9. BLOG CONSISTENTLY. I suck at being consistent. When things get tiring and busy, I never care to blog at all which I feel guilty about. I'll have this one on my to-do list, so I'll be compelled to do it. Reminder: Actions are greater than intentions.

10. START A CREATIVE HOBBY. Learn new things like typographic painting, baking, gardening (I want to grow my own vegetables), calligraphy, ukelele, video editing, etc.

I want to know what goals you guys came up with for yourselves this year!

Share it via comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram