MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP ON A BUDGET

by - Saturday, November 12, 2016

I'm no makeup expert, just thought I'd share my daily go-to affordable makeup products. I like to keep my makeup as natural looking as possible, so my colors are mainly peach, nude, and coral tones, hence the "no-makeup makeup look."


Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry PHP575.00 - This matte lippie doesn't leave you with desert-dry lips. I like its cooling effect and minty taste when applied. Dupe: Maybelline Creamy Matte Touch of Spice. I've also tried this and the color's a total replica of Revlon's Sultry.

Maybelline - The Blushed Nudes Eye Shadow Palette PHP675.00 - It has 12 rose gold shades. If you put on a little, it's barely even there as it's really not that pigmented, so sometimes I put on a good amount to make it noticeable, and I like how it perfectly blends with my complexion. This I use depending on my mood. Urban Decay's Naked2 Palette would be badass but it's sooo uneconomical for me.

I ain't got no freaking idea how to put these, so most of the time, I would just experiment on what color combinations look good on me, but recently, I've learned the basics on how to apply it:

  • The lightest color - brow bone highlighter 
  • The second lightest color - eyelid 
  • The second darkest color - eye crease 
  • The darkest color - outer corner
For tips on application, there's usually a how-to at the back of the eyeshadow package or you can Youtube some tutorials.

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte in Divine Wine PHP299.00 - This obviously is not part of the no-makeup makeup look, but I use this on other days when I feel feisty and this burgundy shade delivers that fierce look. It's like the red lipstick's evil twin.

Maybelline Dream Satin Two-Way Cake with SPF 32 PA++ in Natural Shade PHP399.00 - It's compatible for my complexion and it doesn't have this cakey finish.

I also use Fashion21's 2-Way Cake no. 4, it absorbs pretty well on my skin so much so it looks natural.

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (London) PHP390.00 - Peach to brown nude shade.

Maybelline CC Cream (Natural Nude Glow) - It's easy to apply. It's not heavy & sticky on the face which is a plus for me although after a few hours, my face would become oily which is actually just fine because I have this really dry skin. If there's too much grease, I pat it with tissue to minimize the shine, but blotting papers work best for absorbing the oil and it's gentler on the skin too.

Miniso 3-Way Eyebrow Liner - I don't know the name bcz it's in Japanese, but I got this from Miniso for HKD20.00 and I instantly fell in love with it. That aside, I also use IN2IT Waterproof Eyebrow Powder for PHP350.00.

Confession: Having learned to shape & fill in my eyebrows, it's never been the same for me. It's weird leaving the house with it looking just...bare. I feel totally naked. You see, I have this really sparse eyebrows, and I don't know if this was due to my dumb attempt in grade school wherein I put a skin tone Band-Aid on both my eyebrows just to see how I'd look like without it, and when I tried to remove them, some of my eyebrows got pulled out as well. It was a foolishly painful experience. So, yeah, don't try this at home. I wasn't really bothered at all nor even paid attention to my eyebrows then until after college when you see the gravity of having greatly shaped eyebrows.

Maybelline Color Show Blush (Fresh Coral) PHP149.00 - A few dabs on your cheek to generate a radiant natural flush.

Okaaaay this is not a sponsored post for Maybelline. It just so happens that I use more of their beauty products unintentionally. If you can suggest any brands that I can try too, just leave your comments below.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.